June 28, 2013

Music of the Heart by Katie Ashley (Runaway Train #1)

  • Title: Music of the Heart
  • Author: Katie Ashley
  • My Rating: 4/5 Stars
  • Format: Ebook
 
 
I saw Music of the Heart when I was looking around on GoodReads and as soon I read the synopsis I knew I had to get my hands on it. My expectations were pretty high for this book because of my love for everything involved in the story. I'm extremely happy to say that this book definitely did not disappoint.
 
Music of the Heart is about Abby Renard, who plans on joining her brothers' band towards the end of their summer tour. While Abby is trying to find her brothers' tour bus at Rock Nation, she ends up being sent on the wrong bus. Abby finds herself on Runaway Train's bus, where she accidentally falls into the bed of lead singer Jake Slater. After everyone realizes what has happened, Abby starts arranging a meet up with her brothers. That's when Jake bets her that she couldn't last a week on the band's bus. Abby is a competitive girl, so of course she takes the bet.
 
Jake Slater is a womanizing, ego maniac. He's your typical rock star who let all the fame get to his head. Jake thinks that the world revolves around him and doesn't like it when he gets turned down. Although he is a total jerk most of the time, his sweet and caring moments will melt your heart.
 
Abby Renard is a sweet, innocent girl with a sassy side. I loved her attitude and the fact that she doesn't take crap from anyone. I also liked how she was so open about everything and wasn't afraid to be who she was, even on a bus filled with famous rock stars.
 
I loved all of the characters in this story. My favorite character, besides Jake and Abby of course, would have to have been AJ. He had me cracking up in just about every scene he was in. I also really like Jake's other band mate, Brayden because he was always so loyal and sweet to his wife; he would never do anything to hurt her or their relationship.
 
I enjoyed the storyline in this book a lot. I loved the music aspect of it and basically just everything about it. Don't be surprised if you shed a tear or two while reading Music of the Heart, because there are some extremely heartbreaking scenes. But, to make up for it, there are tons of happy, fun scenes as well.
 
I gave Music of the Heart 4/5 stars because I absolutely LOVED the characters and the plot, but I felt like there could've been more to Jake and Abby's story.
 
Favorite quote: "Thank you- for all your compliments about the general badassery of my family's DNA."
 
Do I recommend this book? Yes! It's a wonderful, steamy, exciting book and I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to comment! It makes me happy. :)