August 12, 2013

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden by Jessica Sorensen (The Coincidence #2)

  • Title: The Redemption of Callie & Kayden
  • Author: Jessica Sorensen
  • My Rating: 5/5 Stars
  • Format: Ebook

I heard of The Redemption of Callie & Kayden through the first book in the series- The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden (click here for my review). I have been patiently waiting for this book since I finished the first one. The first book ends in such a huge cliffhanger that I basically didn't know what to do with myself when I finished. There might be spoilers from the first book in this review, so beware.

The Redemption of Callie & Kayden picks up right were The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden left off. Kayden is in the hospital recovering from the tragic event that occurs at the end of the first book. Kayden is sent to a mental hospital because the doctors think that Kayden wounds were self-inflicted. He isn't allowed any visitors, besides family. Kayden has had huge problems with his father in the past, and his mother overlooks them. He feels like he has nothing left. He thinks that because of what happened, no one, including Callie, is going to talk to him ever again. That's where he's wrong.

Callie, her best friend Seth, and Kayden's best friend Luke all want to get Kayden out of that hospital and take him somewhere to get away from his problems for a while. When the three of them find out that Kayden is being released, they rush down to the hospital to surprise him with a road trip. Shockingly, Kayden basically ignores them and refuses to go on the trip with them.

Later in the book, they finally convince Kayden to go with them. They decide to head to the beach to have some fun. While they're there, they do have fun, but Callie and Kayden also open up to each other about their problems that they've been facing for years. They both help each other to deal with their issues and get better. Callie and Kayden decide that it's time to head back home to open up to others about the things that they've kept bottled up inside for a long time.

This book is filled with raw emotion, pain, friendship, love, and hope. It's one of those books that you can't stop thinking about, especially when you finish it. This is definitely a darker book because it deals with things that everyday people don't typically have to deal with, and that's one of the things that make this book so wonderful.

From start to finish this book had me sucked in. I absolutely love Callie and Kayden's relationship. They're always there for one another and they never give up on each other. The characters in The Redemption of Callie & Kayden were magnificent. They're still the same characters from the first book, but they're still just as awesome. Callie's best friend, Seth, always had me laughing. He's so funny that you wish for him to appear in almost every scene. Kayden's best friend, Luke, is awesome too. Even though he doesn't really say much, he's supportive of everyone and doesn't judge anyone. Luke has his own problems that he's trying to deal with, and I can't wait to read the book that's about him.

I think that The Redemption of Callie & Kayden deserves way more that 5 stars, to be honest. It's just a wonderful book and I can't stop gushing about it! I'm glad that Jessica Sorensen is writing The Resolution of Callie & Kayden, because I wasn't exactly happy with how this book ended. There has to be more to the story, and I'm glad that there is. I literally cannot praise this series enough. It might possibly be my favorite.

It was really hard to pick just one favorite quote from this book because there were so many, so I'll give you two!

Favorite quote (1): "Maybe if I try hard enough, we'll fall into each other and become one single person and we can share our pain instead of carrying it by ourselves."

Favorite quote (2): "'...Just tell me what you need to make you happy.' She looks me in the eye with tears streaming down her cheeks. 'You.'"

Do I recommend this book? 100%. It's an amazing book and the series is incredible. Definitely give it a chance. Even if you don't like romance books, still give it a chance because it is so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to comment! It makes me happy. :)