July 7, 2013

Easy by Tammara Webber

  • Title: Easy
  • Author: Tammara Webber
  • My Rating: 5/5 Stars
  • Format: Ebook
 
 
I first heard of Easy when I saw that a few of my friends on GoodReads had read it and really loved it. Once I read the synopsis, I knew I was going to like it. According to GoodReads, it has an average rating of 4.27 stars so it has to be good, right?
 
Easy is about a girl named Jacqueline who is starting her sophomore year in college. Jacqueline's boyfriend of 3 years decides that he wants more spice in his life, so he dumps Jacqueline and she ends up feeling depressed and skipping 2 weeks of her economics class because her ex is in that class. Obviously, after failing to attend for 2 weeks, she is failing her economics class. She explains everything to her professor and he takes pity on her because his daughter just went through the same thing. Jacqueline is assigned to a tutor, Landon, who she is never actually able to meet because of both of their busy schedules. The only way they can contact each other is through email. Jacqueline and Landon sometimes like to get a little flirty with each other through their emails.
 
Then, Jacqueline meets the mysterious Lucas, who always sits in the back row of her economics class sketching away and not paying much attention to the lesson. Lucas and Jacqueline become sort-of friends when he asks her if he can sketch her one day. They both end up having feelings for each other, but Lucas has a hard time with the relationship.
 
There are some big secrets that I don't want to spoil, but you can probably guess them once you start reading the book.
 
Easy is a book that is filled with emotions and it is such a wonderful feeling to know that a simple book can make you feel all of them. It is filled with laughter, some sad moments, lots of happy moments, scary times, and at some points, it will make you feel empowered.
 
The characters in this book were incredible. Jacqueline and Lucas were so cute together and I rooted for them the whole time. Jacqueline's friend and roommate, Erin, had me cracking up the in almost every scene she was in. Erin has a very outgoing personality and she doesn't give a crap what everyone else thinks and I loved that about her.
 
I loved the character development in this story as well. I loved that Jacqueline was able to overcome things from her past as well as some extremely scary events that have just recently happened to her. I also loved how Lucas was able to finally talk about his past and really open up his feelings instead of hiding them all the time.
 
All of the characters' personalities were wonderful and I loved all of them. Even the bad ones that I wanted to inflict pain upon were very well portrayed.
 
I gave Easy 5/5 stars because it's a great book and I was always thinking about it when I wasn't reading it. I've read it twice now, and I think I fell in love with it even more the second time around. Easy is just such an incredible book that I can't praise it enough. It's definitely one of my favorite books now. It always keeps you on the edge of your seat wanting to see what happens next.
 
Favorite quote: "If someone had asked, "How does this compare to kissing Kennedy?" I would have answered, "Who?"
 
Do I recommend this book? YES. It's a definite page turner and I loved every second of it.

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this book! It was one of those that I began reading again as soon as I finished! I also just bought the audio to listen to on my last road trip. The miles flew by!
    I agree with you about Erin. She is so funny, and I loved her attitude!
    I took a self defense course years ago, and this was a great reminder of what to do and to beware of my surroundings. It wouldn't hurt to take a class again though.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Candy! I loved this one so much. I've read it twice, but I'm sure I'll end up reading it again! :)

      Delete

Don't hesitate to comment! It makes me happy. :)