June 10, 2013

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (Perfect Chemistry #1)

  • Title: Perfect Chemistry
  • Author: Simone Elkeles
  • My Rating: 5/5 Stars
  • Format: Paperback
 
 
Perfect Chemistry is one of the first books that really got me into reading. After I read a few books before this, I realized that I really enjoyed romance novels. I searched for different romance novels for days and finally came to the conclusion that I wanted to buy this one. I read this book in 9th grade and I can still remember every day when I got home from school I couldn't wait to pick it up.
 
Perfect Chemistry is basically your typical good-girl-bad-boy story. The main female character, Brittany, is a cheerleader with the perfect boyfriend and tons of money. However, her life isn't as perfect as it may seem. The main male character, Alex, is a bad boy and a member of the Latino Blood.
Alex and Brittany are forced to be lab partners in their chemistry class. The two of them basically hate each other because they are nothing alike. Alex ends up making a bet with his friends that he can get into Brittany's pants before Thanksgiving without thinking that he might actually fall for her.
 
I really, really enjoyed reading this book. It's still one of my favorites today. I loved how it switched back and forth between Brittany and Alex's POV so you could get a glimpse of what both of them were thinking in that moment. I enjoyed the chemistry (see what I did there ;P) between the two main characters and I felt like it was easy to relate to both of them.
 
Although the storyline wasn't very original, I still fell in love with this book. It is very typical but it does have some twists and turns that will really draw you in and keep you wanting more. Perfect Chemistry is a definite page turner and I think a lot of people will enjoy it.
 
I gave this book 5/5 stars because I instantly fell in love with it. I loved the characters, the story, and basically just everything about this book. Simone Elkeles became a favorite author of mine after reading this book.
 
Favorite quote: "If there's one thing I learned, it's that nobody is here forever. You have to live for the moment, each and every day...the here, the now."
 
Do I recommend this book? YES. It is still one of my favorite books today, and I read it almost 3 years ago. It's such a great book and you should definitely read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to comment! It makes me happy. :)