February 23, 2013

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #1)

  • Book Title: Vampire Academy
  • Author: Richelle Mead
  • My Rating: 5/5 Stars
  • Format: Paperback
 
 
I don't exactly remember the first time I had heard of or seen this book, but I want to say it was on YouTube. I was watching a review of this book, and was a bit hesitant about reading it. I thought it would end up being like Twilight (even though I haven't even read Twilight). I just didn't want to read anything that had to do with vampires or werewolves or anything like that because, at the time that I read this, vampires and werewolves were a big thing. I was just afraid to read this because of the 'vampire hype' and because I just didn't think I would like it so much.
 
I was at a used bookstore when I came across Vampire Academy and thought, 'What the heck, I'll give it a shot.' I started reading, and immediately I was hooked. I loved the characters and the storyline. According to GoodReads, I read this in 4 days, which was pretty good for me considering I had just really gotten in to reading.
 
The characters in this book are lovely. Rose Hathaway, the main character, is probably my favorite main character out of all the books I've read in my life. She has an attitude, and that's what I love about her. She can hold her own and doesn't let anyone bring her down. The other characters in this book are great too. They all have personalities that you can just fall in love with.
 
I understand that many people are very hesitant to read this book, because, well...the title isn't the greatest and neither is the cover. However, I promise you, if you just TRY this book out, you'll enjoy it. A lot of reviews that I have read say that the rest of the series is so much better than this book, but I personally thought that this book was just as good as the others.
 
I gave this book 5/5 stars because I really, really loved it. The storyline is awesome, and so are the characters. I love that there is both action and romance included in Vampire Academy.
 
Favorite quote: "The only thing better than imagining Dimitri carrying me in his arms was imagining him shirtless while carrying me in his arms." -Rose Hathaway
 
Do I recommend this book? Yes. If you are discouraged by the title, cover, or that fact that it has to do with vampires, just give it a chance. You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't hesitate to comment! It makes me happy. :)